Thursday, April 08, 2010

Hard Day

Rob's mom has been in town since Easter Saturday to celebrate the holiday with us.  It is now the Thursday after Easter.  Sunday was ok, Jacob was ill and I took him to the hospital to make sure it was just a vomiting bug.  It was also Rob's birthday.  So we didn't really celebrate Easter like we were going to.  Monday was nice.  We tidied the house and had a nice birthday dinner for Rob and some of our friends.  Jacob was mostly better.  Tuesday was alright, but I could tell MIL was starting to get antsy.  Yesterday Rob and I were really ill... was it Jacob's illness or birthday dinner leftovers, who knows.  MIL said she was sick too so maybe leftovers.  So yesterday was spent in bed.  Today, though, I'm feeling much better, physically.  But Rob's still hurting.  So I'm in charge of MIL and baby.  And I didn't get an important work target completed because of our illnesses and a superior is pissed at me, which stresses me out.  Plus the fact that I just don't suck up my illness and push through bothers my superior.  I would say business peer but at the moment, I don't feel like we are equals.  I very much feel like a subordinate, considering she is "very disappointed."  And all I can think is, I'm not like her, when I'm sick, I take care of it instead of get sicker.  But this target was really important.  So I'm stressed.  And I miss my mom.  And I'm home dealing with Rob's mom who wants to go home but she can't because Rob is too ill to take her home (4 hour bus journey) and I have to work and mind the baby at the same time.  And I'm not sure how to talk to my superior/peer.  I'm just blathering at the moment.  But just now I was sending my receipts to our book keeper and had to send the receipt for my trip from home back to Dublin... the flight I took away from my home town after mom died.  Which brought back those emotions.  So yea, it's been a hard day.

No comments: