Tuesday, February 23, 2010

JERKS

Ok, I WAS going to write about mom, but now I'm sufficiently pissed off to write about something else, then get back to work.  I was just told that my gospel choir couldn't perform at a craft market because we sing RELIGIOUS MUSIC!  Feck sake people! It's a GOSPEL CHOIR, of course it sings religious music!  Although I prefer to call it inspirational.  Religion is for cardinals and rabbi's.  Inspiration is for us all.  What kind of stick is up these people's butts.  People ENJOY our music, they DANCE to our music!  And we're freaking good.  Close minded jerks.  I'm so SICK of closed minded jerks in this world!

Here's what I wrote them:

Hi XXXX,

I thought being a gospel choir it was obvious we sang religious music.  That being said, we are a choir that accepts all religions and beliefs and we don't prejudice based on people's beliefs.  I'm sorry that you feel you have to exclude us because we sing gospel music especially as many of our songs are also very popular, like I Will Follow Him from Sister Act and Down the the River to Pray.  We strive to inspire and lift people up with energetic and uplifting music.  I'm sorry you see a problem with that.

Good luck,
Jennifer

No comments: